Thursday 2 April 2009

thirty-three


new camera obscura album. twentieth april. squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee EEE EEEeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee. i have already downloaded the new single. verdict: squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee eeee.

i think this calls for a 'musicians with great sounds AND great style' post, part the third. well, i think it's the third one. anyway, camera obscura. just like the christians use BC and AD to divide their calendar to recoognise the significance of jesus, i should use BCO (before camera obscura) and ACO (um, you can probably guess this one), to properly acknowledge the unenlightened, monochrome existence i lived before discovering their music. and then, when i saw pictures of them, i properly understood that they are SO UNBELIEVABLY COOL and that i really want to be friends with them.


i have to admit, i do have a soft spot for geeky, unpolished looking bands. it makes them seem more real, like they want to write and play music rather than be popstars.


oh hi, giant swan brooch. you are the best. oh hi tracyanne campbell, i have a massive crush on you.


why do i not have that furcollared coat? why do i look hideous in berets? could that teddybear be more endearing? so many questions.

songs to play on repeat:
Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken
let's get out of this country
books written for girls
happy new year

3 comments:

  1. SO GLAD YOU POSTED ON THIS!! I love Camera Obscura and am very very excited for the new album to come out!!! I have two songs from their new album and I heard that the single linked but I've been fighting the temptation to look the songs up on hype machine. I'll just patiently wait for the album and be surprised!!

    And I have a massive crush on Tracyanne, too. I saw them play once in San Francisco and she lightly pushed my brother out of the way to get to the stage and my brother was all like "Tracyanne pushed me!!" He was excited not angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I agree, I agree! I literally can't wait to see them at Indietracks (omg Indietracks!). My friend and I used to be obsessed with Keep It Clean. Then we met up in Berlin to see them live, but the sound was so crap that Tracyanne got quite annoyed and so did we. Sad face.
    I always used to think of CO as a "female fronted Belle and Sebastian" though that's not true at all, but as I am a huge B&S fan it's a compliment. I'm always trying to channel Belle and Sebastian circa 1995...

    ReplyDelete
  3. a couple of year's late replying! But just to second your opinion. I have SUCH a crush on Tracyanne. Beautiful, talented, fey, interesting. She spends weeks in dusty libraries and is into boys with dietary restrictions. Tracyanne, je t'aime.

    ReplyDelete