Sunday 30 January 2011

eighty-seven

I am staying with my mum and dad in the east midlands (the countryside-ish!). things i like:
  • looking out the sunroof of our car at night and seeing stars unobscured by the streetlamps and smog. you don't get those clear, dark nights in the city. orion (the only constellation i really know) was so bright.
  • that my mum has a framed picture of george harrison on a windowsill.
  • i could see my own breath when making breakfast yesterday morning. this house does not retain heat (good excuse for lots of hot water bottles and blankets).
  • wild damson jam, bought from the market (and chatting to the man who made it about how much he loves damson jam).
  • that we are going for a walk and taking a picnic and it is minus one outside (maybe you who live in colder climes do this all the time?)

2 comments:

  1. No we don't! We go for walks, but picnics? Very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i took a sandwich in my pocket, my mum took a flask of soup, and as we sat down to eat my dad brisked up and said we had to leave immediately or i would miss my train.

    so winter picnics will be saved for another day... maybe.

    ReplyDelete