Friday 17 September 2010

seventy-one

The person sitting next to me on the train this morning smelt exactly like him; the drawback of perfumes. God, it made my head spin.

Things that are good:
  • I watched a man hoovering the road outside my office. Why? How? No one knows.
  • I saw a man standing on a station platform holding one of those spools of wire that look like huge cotton reels. It made him look like he was actually really tiny, a Borrower, and this pleased me.
  • I went to a farmers' market yesterday and bought lots of english apples and plums. Even better, my boss has a plum tree and is bringing me in bagfuls of surplus plums. I am going to make a crumble tonight, I think.
  • I made the tastiest butternut squash and sage soup; I love autumn food. For anyone interested, the recipe is here.
  • I'm suddenly responsible for updating the news section of UK Feminista. It is a good responsibility but I'm worried I'm going to post up something controversial or wrong. Eep.

I am stuck in a music rut. I keep listening the the music I love most, and whilst I am definitely not bored of it, it would be nice to love something new. Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Suggestions are on their way!
    And the Borrowers, I'd forgotten about them. How incredible is it that Draco Malfoy is that little red-headed boy?
    I wish people in Austria made crumble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been listening to Francis & the Lights a lot lately, I think they're pretty ace. They're quite pop-y, but maybe you will like them?

    http://www.youtube.com/user/francisandthelights#p/c/96D323FA3C8733C0/0/m7iJjyXa7c8

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have spent all this rainy morning in reykjavik listening to Broadcast and the Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age. there is some real loveliness there - soft though and short and unassuming and often unfinished-feeling.

    also the new deerhunter album - Halcyon Digest - and their ep rainwater cassette exchange.

    i have some mixtapes here also - if you are interested: http://everythingisrightnow.blogspot.com/search/label/mixtapes

    good luck un-rutting yourself <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are some of your favorite bands?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. I never get tired of Bjork and Joanna Newsom. Above all else.

    ReplyDelete