Wednesday 18 February 2009

sixteen

my morning, as told through the medium of itunes

6.40 am. teenage riot, sonic youth. because i thought i would be less angry at my alarm clock if it played a song i love. this turned out not to be true.

7.15 am. in step, frankmusik. wooo, electropop, THAT will put me in a positive, energised essay-writing mood.

7.19 am. okay so that didn't work.

7.33 am. ICH HIESSE SUPERFANTASTISCH!

7.58 am. why is caleb followill saying potato roller at the end of king of the rodeo?

8.29 am. the red telephone by love has to win an award for best opening lyric ever: 'sitting on a hillsiiiiideeee, watching all the people DIE'. ah, how lovely.

8.35 am onwards. BJORKBJORKBJORKBJORKBJORK. god that woman is amazing.

9.08 am. seriously, is this woman actually real? is she human? how can her music be this good?

9.26 am. a short break from music whilst on the phone and food shopping. ho hum.

9.50 am. kiss with a fist, florence and the machine.

9.55- 11am. ten seems like a good hour for twee-ish, sometimes gloomy, altogether lovely scottish indie pop. hallo, camera obscura. come on in.

11 am. camille, le fil and music hole. best lyric: 'cats and dogs are not our friends, they just pretend... and if it rains again next weekend, it's all because of them'. thank you, camille, for bringing the feline-canine axis of evil to my attention.

11.45 am. david bowie's greatest hits. sometimes i wish i were david bowie. i think this is a common wish.

2 comments:

  1. this is a very good idea. although for me, today because of my headache it was SILENCE and normally it's Mamma Mia! and Santogold on repeat, possibly interspersed with the Tchaikovsky violin concerto. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yay camera obscura!
    I fail at creating essay-writing moods...once I start singing along all my concentration is just gone, so silence really works best for me. Even though I need music in every other situation, even to go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete