Saturday 17 January 2009

four


Term started on tuesday, so I am back in Cambridge, back to early, coffeed mornings and back to ignoring the little towers of books that have sprung up all over my floor. The focus of today's campaign of neglect is consumer society in eighteenth century england (which is actually a hugely intriguing topic, but my brain feels treacle-covered and slothlike, alas).

My walls are still very bare despite my having been here a week. I forgot to pack my whitetack, and keep forgetting to buy some whenever i go to the shops. As a result, my postcards and pictures sit waiting in a box and my room remains blank. Marmite may work as an adhesive, though my college would possibly murder me for desecration of property. And then stick my body on a spike to scare other miscreants. The trouble with going to an old, old college is that you never quite know which parts of the rulebook are still a little bit medieval...

No comments:

Post a Comment