Saturday 19 February 2011

one hundred and one

I have started to notice people on my commute, or walking round the market on my lunch break - though I haven't quite reached the smiling-at-attractive-strangers point, yet. It feels good.

Tonight I am listening to The National (late to the party, but how amazing is High Violet?) and writing the letters and emails I have put off for too long (as well as watching Glee. Yes, I know). Is there much better than getting something through the post?

My wonderful friend Jennie sent the biggest bunch of white roses and a fruit (plus yellow pepper and goblet) basket to my office on Valentine's Day; it made the day beautiful. Sometime all the hollywood focus on finding The One makes me forget that friendships are just as crucial. Romance isn't the only thing worth having.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have made it this winter without High Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words. I managed to ignore Valentine's Day completely as it isn't really popular over here, thank God.

    (Also: I feel slightly less ashamed about watching Glee now. Phew.)

    ReplyDelete