Tuesday 24 March 2009

twenty-eight

my mum handed me a bundle of old postcards yesterday, said that she thought i might like to keep some of them ; my, she was so right:




the insect ones are my favourites, i love the colours of them, and the beetles themselves are just beautiful creatures. it's made me want to watch david attenborough's life in the undergrowth again (who knew that slug sex could be so eerily beautiful, and a bit weird, and a bit icky, all at the same time? david attenborough enriches my life SO MUCH). the righthand beetle is my bookmark at the moment, a highly coveted position.

tried to work today, but my heart wasn't in it, my eyes fluttered away from the page every five seconds like indecisive butterflies. not good.

what i wore today: i spent a very long time trying to find somewhere in the house with enough light and space to take a full length photo- we are having building work done so everything is in chaos. i bounced around on all the beds in the house, but my parents' won out in the end. i felt like some strange goldilocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment